Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbardy2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Hey fellas,

prl_disp_service is running my CPU at 100% in my Macbook pro sometimes. A quick search shows this is related to parallels. I have not had parallels installed for over 2 years and I removed it over a year ago.

Is there a way I can completely remove these services or prevent them from starting?

And why would this just randomly start happening after so the uninstall was so long ago?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hey fellas,

prl_disp_service is running my CPU at 100% in my Macbook pro sometimes. A quick search shows this is related to parallels. I have not had parallels installed for over 2 years and I removed it over a year ago.

Is there a way I can completely remove these services or prevent them from starting?

And why would this just randomly start happening after so the uninstall was so long ago?

Sounds like you did not get it completely uninstalled. Follow this guide to get that done. There are links on that page to the various version uninstall instructions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.