Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madizm83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2013
Hi everybody,i was watching news channels airplayed from my iphone to apple tv 3 and whenever i exit out of the app (Filmon), the airplay stops of course....so i was wondering if there is any method or tweak/trick to send video airplay signal to apple tv without having the app open or when the app is airplaying in the background without having it with that screen that says "video is playing in apple tv"

could somebody advise me on how this could be possible if it exist.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hi everybody,i was watching news channels airplayed from my iphone to apple tv 3 and whenever i exit out of the app (Filmon), the airplay stops of course....so i was wondering if there is any method or tweak/trick to send video airplay signal to apple tv without having the app open or when the app is airplaying in the background without having it with that screen that says "video is playing in apple tv"

could somebody advise me on how this could be possible if it exist.

Do those news channels have public streaming URL's accessible from, say, GoodPlayer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.