Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrs1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Uruguay
Hi...

I was having problems with the wifi connection on my just purchased macbook air 2012...

I read a comment on Internet about deleting the systemconfiguration folder on preferences... But stupid enough I deleted the System/Lybrary/Systemconfiguration

Now my apps won't work and the wifi says no hardwareinstalled...

Please, can ssomeone be so kind of upload for me the folder?

The thing is, i can't reinstall the OS it says it would take days...

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
…and that's why it asks for admin authentication.

But, lesson learned.

I'm gonna guess no backup. Another hard lesson learned? ;)
</end lecture>

Really, your only option is to re-install OS-X. It will install in-place; you won't have to erase the partition. But, you should still have a backup of at least your personal user files (images, video, docs, etc.) before starting this (I would backup your entire drive, even with the folder is missing). Restart on the Recovery Partition to do the installation (though it sounds like you did check that out).

It shouldn't take days, unless you're on a very slow connection. If you can get to an Apple Store, you can use their connection (or local copy). Make a Genius appointment and see if you can get some help. If nothing else, they should be able to let you use their fast connection.

Think about getting a drive to use for Time Machine. 1TB WD My Passport USB 3 drives are around $90 at Amazon (2.5" portable bus powered). Bought one myself last month to use for image backups (new rMBP) - it's a nice drive.

mrs1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Uruguay
Hi...

My connection is fine, is not superase, but is 5mb or so... It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours...

All the problem started because the connection was slow... My others pc work just fine...

I don't have any data on it.. I bought it today...

And don't have a genius bar in uruguay...

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Hi...

My connection is fine, is not superase, but is 5mb or so... It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours...

All the problem started because the connection was slow... My others pc work just fine...

I don't have any data on it.. I bought it today...

And don't have a genius bar in uruguay...

At least having a virtually clean install makes things easier - you don't have to worry about losing anything in the re-install.

When you get a clean install on it, come back and I'm sure someone will give you a hand with wifi problems (do a search of the forums first, though).

mrs1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Uruguay
The thing is I doubt it will ever finish... It says more than 48 hours... My connection reset in 12 hours periods... Don't have a fix ip adress...

No one could give me the system/library/systemconfiguration folder to try out? Is a base 2012 air...

:( please...

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
The thing is I doubt it will ever finish... It says more than 48 hours... My connection reset in 12 hours periods... Don't have a fix ip adress...

No one could give me the system/library/systemconfiguration folder to try out? Is a base 2012 air...

i don't think deleting the Systemconfiguration folder is your problem - that should have been recreated when you rebooted the machine which i am assuming you did....?

i agree with gr8fly - a clean install is the way to go.

i'm not really understanding your problem - it was running slow so you deleted that folder (cleared trash and rebooting in the process?) and now it's not finding the hardware? do you have an option to turn on airport in the top right?

really, a fresh install or taking it back are your two best options here IMO.
Not really sure why a fresh install would "take days"

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Here is a ZIP of mine. I doubt this will work, but I guess it won't make things any worse at this point.

mrs1986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Uruguay
Thanks you all for the answers, it finally finished and everything is smooth back again...

Systemconfiguration folder was the one on System/Library... And that seems to not regenerate as I thought...

Thanks again!!!

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Thanks you all for the answers, it finally finished and everything is smooth back again...

Systemconfiguration folder was the one on System/Library... And that seems to not regenerate as I thought...

Thanks again!!!

Glad you're up and running again!

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.