Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darster

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Just visited Apple site, and was looking at getting iphone 5 for family member. Can not even select a CDMA model. When I select the iphone 5, and choose 32GB model, it just puts the "iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked" in cart without allowing me to select carrier first.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
Just visited Apple site, and was looking at getting iphone 5 for family member. Can not even select a CDMA model. When I select the iphone 5, and choose 32GB model, it just puts the "iPhone 5 32GB Black & Slate (GSM) Unlocked" in cart without allowing me to select carrier first.

You have to pick Vz as the carrier. You can't buy it on the "unlocked" option. If you want to buy the device outright - you could do that. But not UNLOCKED.

darster

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
I figured out the problem. For some reason, Apple was directing me to their Canadian site, not US site. Really weird.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
There is no option for that. It does not even display Verizon, or any carrier for that matter. Give it a try. You select buy now, choose the size, and there is no carrier selection available. it automatically adds the GSM model without allowing you to select carrier.

i'm able to select it.

I figured out the problem. For some reason, Apple was directing me to their Canadian site, not US site. Really weird.

that happened to me awhile back when i was trying to log into my appleid to enable the two-step authentication. i kept getting redirected to the taiwanese apple website; it was a lot easier to catch since nothing was written in english.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 7.19.52 p.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 7.19.52 p.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 80
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.