Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Dec 16, 2002, 10:36 AM   #1
Falleron
macrumors 68000

Nice article worth reading!

Take a look:

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/pl...lpowerbook.xml
Falleron is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2002, 11:11 AM   #2
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
ha, for a bunch of PC people they really liked the TiPB - and how could they not?

The PowerBook G4 isn't a product to watch; it's the only notebook on the market worth spending $2,500 on, and at that price, it's a steal.

Way to go, Apple.

D
Old Dec 16, 2002, 11:13 AM   #3
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
damn impressive! perhaps the tibook will make these people look at other Macs, i'd love to see an iBook reviewed in the same manner. i've always wondered why more people didn't take note of the impressive features the tibook sports...

only thing they didnt cover too much is windows file sharing, which is, i think, an overlooked feature...

pnw
rainman::|:| is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2002, 11:48 AM   #4
Macmaniac
macrumors 68040

Location: A tiny spec in the "Garden State", 1 square mile in area, somewhere on the outskirts of town by the railroad tracks
Nice glad to see another good review. Not one of those stupid windows biased reviews.
Now for PC peeps to notice it
Old Dec 16, 2002, 12:03 PM   #5
Megaquad
macrumors 6502a

Apple's sales literature claims the PowerBook G4 outperforms a 2.2GHz Pentium 4, but don't count on that claim. Running at full speed, a P4-M notebook will feel faster than a PowerBook G4, especially when running applications optimized for the Pentium 4 architecture. But when the P4-M throttles back to conserve the battery or keep from burning your lap, the more efficient PowerPC takes the lead.

baah, anyway i wonder how much faster os x would feel without antialiasing
i wish there is an option to shut it down
Megaquad is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2002, 01:47 PM   #6
lmalave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lmalave Send a message via MSN to lmalave Send a message via Yahoo to lmalave Send a message via Skype™ to lmalave
Quote:
Originally posted by paulwhannel
damn impressive! perhaps the tibook will make these people look at other Macs, i'd love to see an iBook reviewed in the same manner. i've always wondered why more people didn't take note of the impressive features the tibook sports...

only thing they didnt cover too much is windows file sharing, which is, i think, an overlooked feature...

pnw
Yeah, man, if you ask me the 12.1" iBook is an even better value compared to its PC counterparts, especially the 800MHz Combo drive model. Similarly configured 12.1" computers from Dell, Sony, and Fujitsu cost hundred$ more, and still don't have the iBook's durability and looks. Plus all the font smoothing in OS X makes it by far the most legible 12.1" screen at 1024x768 resolution. For someone who actually carries around their laptop (to work, home,school, traveling, etc.), the portable iBook makes so much more sense than these 8 lb. "desktop replacement" monsters that seem to make up the bulk of the market nowadays. And for a lightweight, truly portable computer, the iBook is so far ahead of its PC competitors. Or at least that's the conclusion I came to about a month ago when I bought my iBook
Old Dec 16, 2002, 02:17 PM   #7
BenderBot1138
macrumors 6502

Word!

BenderBot1138 is offline   0
Old Dec 16, 2002, 03:05 PM   #8
szark
macrumors Demi-God

Great article!

It also led me to this discussion from November with Greg Joswiak, vice president of hardware product marketing at Apple Computer.

It's an interesting read -- particularly messages 20 and 20.1.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion