Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrcoffee1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Recently I have noticed that I don't get the sound alert when a push notification comes in. Yes, all settings are set up with sounds on, even did a complete restore and set up as new phone...twice. Some apps notifications aren't coming in at all, such as AP news. This lack of notifications started when I got my unlock complete, but the no sound issue was happening before that. I cant figure it out. Tried researching with no luck. Any help appreciated....

mrcoffee1985

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Anyone? My MLB app is giving me sounds for game start and end but USA today, CNN, abc news, and Chicago Blackhawks notifications I Have turned on don't make a sound. Again, sounds are on in each apps notification settings, phone is not on silent, and complete setup as new phone didn't work. Also, AP news wont even send the push notifications. Is this a iOS issue?

imacadoo

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Westchester, NY
Sorry I don't have an answer but I am experiencing the same issue (on the i5) with alerts from the NY Times and WNBC TV. Settings, as yours seem to be, are all correct. This wasn't always the case. I do recall that I used to receive alert sounds from these sites. I'm going to guess that one of the iOS updates may have something to do with it. Nothing else has changed.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
try deleting the app for 24 hours, then reinstalling. when prompted to receive push notifications, make sure you select "yes". see if this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.