Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Hi,

I use Dropbox quite a lot for business use, but I never store anything in it without a copy on my HDD. Well, manually coping large folders and files to the Desktop and then dragging them to my Dropbox folder is tedious and time consuming when you do it a lot. I created an Automator App to copy and save for me, but I need constant access to it and I don't want it in my Dock or Toolbar, so I created an Automator Service.

The Service is at the bottom of the right click menu (which is very long for me!) and sometimes get cut off. Can I customize this, or does Apple lock it down?

If not, why won't my keyboard shortcut work? I find the Service in System Preference and set a keyboard shortcut like on the others, but when I try it use it it only makes a copy of the file/folder right next to the original, it doesn't save it to Dropbox, but when I use the right click menu method it works perfectly. Any ideas?

Thank you. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.