Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Hello,

First of all the referenced models in this reply would be the UK equivalent to my South American products (just looked them up at Amazon UK).

This is my current baby, it has worked non-stop for over 5 years now, no problem at all.
This is my new baby, I'm going to replace the old one (but keep using it with other appliances) with this one, but so far It has been working great.

I've used the "old" one with the Mac Mini since I got it about a year ago. Notice I haven't bothered to connect them via USB (heard there is a built-in option in settings so I won't need their Win-only software), but they should work OK.

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Just in case you don't realize it, it's rare to find a UPS that can shutdown more than one device. You'd need one for both the Mini and the NAS.

BilbooToo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

Didn't realise that that the UPS could only shut down one device, is there any way around this? Could my Mac monitor the NAS, for instance, and shut down if it sees that going into shut down?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.