Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Undiscovered

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
I would be really really grateful if anyone can help me. I am new to aperture and trying to set up my systems and workflow properly so am doing a bit of experimenting and have come up with a problem that would be great to find a solution to.

I am planning to use my imac as my main aperture library and will use referenced with files on my iMac. I also want to use my macbook pro when I am out and about or don't want to sit at my desk. On here I plan to use a managed library as it will be more unpredictable with regards to where the pictures will be and any work on here will be temporary and ultimately merged to my imac.

I have tried exporting (managed) project as library (clicking option to export originals) from my macbook pro and then importing this library into my iMac. I get the yellow triangle in the bottom right corner of each preview saying it can't find the master files.

I tried to test creating a referenced project on my mac book pro, consolidating and then exporting with originals. When importing to my iMac, there was no problem - the originals were there. I then relocated the originals into my imac file system.

Whilst I could use this system, I would prefer my macbook pro to be managed and don't understand why the master is not going across. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thank you anyone for your advice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.