Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krolmariusz13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
my sister bought an iphone 4 4.35 and 4.10.01

and she wants me to upgrade to ios5. its already unlocked through gevey and jailbroken.

my question is, can someone please point me in the correct direction and give me a how to, to upgrade to ios5 preserving 4.10.01?

ive read gevey wont work on this upgrade. shine some light please?

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
My friend if its a at&t iphone tell her to go to ebay and get the phone imei unlock so she wont have to worry about lock status.

Btw theres no way she will update to ios5, its going straight to ios6.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

and she wants me to upgrade to ios5. its already unlocked through gevey and jailbroken.

my question is, can someone please point me in the correct direction and give me a how to, to upgrade to ios5 preserving 4.10.01?

You can only upgrade to iOS 5 if cydia has any iOS 5 blobs for you (note only 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 will have an untethered jailbreak). Otherwise it's 6.1.3 and tethered jailbreak

krolmariusz13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
it is tmobile.

oh okay so i have to just upgrade to ios6 at 6.1.3? can you guys please send me links to the pograms, also would i need gevey or would it be unlocked once i update, and jailbreak?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
it is tmobile.

oh okay so i have to just upgrade to ios6 at 6.1.3? can you guys please send me links to the pograms, also would i need gevey or would it be unlocked once i update, and jailbreak?

The question is whether or not the phone originated on AT&T. If so, an official unlock is around $5 on eBay, and she will never need to worry about preserving an unlock again. You could also try contacting AT&T and seeing if they are willing to help you.

AFAIK, there is no way to update to 6.1.3 and preserve base bands. My feeling is that software unlocks are pretty much going extinct. Before they existed because carriers didn't offer a true unlock. Now that they do, most people just opt for that since it is way more convenient. Another potential issue is that 6.1.3 isn't jail broken yet. So she would be stuck without a jailbreak too.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010

Post photo of your sister for more responses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.