Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone know how the Mac Mini Server is set up from the factory if you get the 2 drive option? Is it configured as RAID 0 or RAID 1?

Wanting to get the 2x256 SSD option. I want to know if I can have the second SSD set up just to keep all of my media on it. I am thinking I should be able to do this the way it is shipped out. Anyone know for certain?

Thanks!

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
Anyone know how the Mac Mini Server is set up from the factory if you get the 2 drive option? Is it configured as RAID 0 or RAID 1?

Wanting to get the 2x256 SSD option. I want to know if I can have the second SSD set up just to keep all of my media on it. I am thinking I should be able to do this the way it is shipped out. Anyone know for certain?

Thanks!

Definetly not RAID 0 on the two HDD option when I bought a server. I can't see them striping the SSDs either. You can't run a recovery partition on a RAID 0 set up from my experience from memory last time I did that, so I don't think they give you that factory setup.

Two SSDs is mighty expensive as a factory option? You haven't thought about buying your own two SSDs and installing them?

This current post may also be of interest:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1572889/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.