Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I found an iPod shuffle on the ground and I don't have a charger for it. How can I possibly return this device? I also have the serial number from the device, but I don't know how this could help :/

EDIT: It's a late 2007 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You can turn it into a lost and found, or the police. But otherwise you can't really do anything. Bring it to Apple and they'll most likely just ask you to recycle it. The device is old enough that it could have been within a good couple of different owners, so Apple can't really track it down at this point.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Your local Apple store might be willing to post it back to the registered owner if they have the address (they wont give you the address).

Other than that, pop it to your nearest charity shop :).

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Your local Apple store might be willing to post it back to the registered owner if they have the address (they wont give you the address).

Other than that, pop it to your nearest charity shop :).

Pretty sure they don't do that at all.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Knowing Apple, they wouldn't. As genuine an employee may be, it's against Apple's policy for any employee to look up consumers private personal details. They'd most probably tell you to hand it in to the police and then you'd get to keep it if noone claims it. It's more likely that they'd take it off you and recycle it in their recycling programme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.