Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
I use MS Word 2008 pretty regularly, however for some weird reason the last document I saved went to iCloud (I didn't even know iCloud did .docx files...)

Anyways, now I can only find the Word document through Finder, which lists it as in iCloud. But I can't click on "iCloud" in the directory to open the folder to take it out and put it on my HDD... how do I get it?!

iCloud is pretty dumb I feel... every time I open TextEdit it always wants me to use iCloud, and I really don't understand the interface still (clearly I don't know where to access my cloud documents even...)

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I use MS Word 2008 pretty regularly, however for some weird reason the last document I saved went to iCloud (I didn't even know iCloud did .docx files...)

Anyways, now I can only find the Word document through Finder, which lists it as in iCloud. But I can't click on "iCloud" in the directory to open the folder to take it out and put it on my HDD... how do I get it?!

iCloud is pretty dumb I feel... every time I open TextEdit it always wants me to use iCloud, and I really don't understand the interface still (clearly I don't know where to access my cloud documents even...)

I would just use keynote for PPT. It is better integrated with iCloud and you can also get it to the iPads, etc. easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.