Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xnin3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
So after installing a few themes from the BigBoss Repo, I resprung, like normal. Only this time, I found a bunch of white icons that said things like "Facebook profileviewer" and "SMSViewerS" and "iad" and "iadoptout". I feel like the names of the first two really could be viruses. Should I just restore and lose my jailbreak, just not to risk my data being compromised? Or are these normal things that happen? HELP! Quick!

EDIT: Here is a picture
2F8QF.jpg

Last edited:

xnin3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
Are you guys sure? I've heard of things like iOS diagnostics and Setup white apps being added, but nothing like SMSViewerS or FacebookProfileViewer, or are those just hidden apps added by things like Facebook? Thanks :)

novice121

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
it's not a virus, just a minor bug in the jailbreak I think.

Go to SBSettings, go down to Mobile Substrate Addons, and turn off 'libhide'... this I think will make the icons you hid appear again, so you'll have to hide them with Springtomize.... That's how I solved it in the past, don't know if it's still like that.

So if that doesn't work, just keep on googling like this: AdSheet FieldTest blank icons

Type that and research, be brief on the search terms, and use the date option in google for recent results.

If it only happened because of a theme, just respring and that's it, only do the above if it keeps happening after every restart.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
No virus. Happens every now and then when I buy a new theme and install it. Just respring or reboot and the whites go bye-bye.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
You can usually make this bug permanently go away using iRetiner GUI. At least that's what I used to use back in the day. Haven't had this bug since iOS4 though.

5kylar

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada
It happens from either Springtomize2 or SBsettings. When both of these aren't active it never happens to me. But it's so minor who cares ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.