Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Description of the tweak here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/19/battery-doctor-pro-jailbreak/

I downloaded it yesterday and I love it so far. It replaced Switchy and NCSettings for me.. Was wondering if anyone else has been using it?

I've done some google searches about the integrity of the app, and it seems that some users are having major problems and not recommending the app? :eek:
I had it for a while. It's a great tweak/app. This was before they added the 4G toggle.

I uninstalled it though simply because I found Smart 3G+LTE. Smart 3G automatically toggles your radios for you which is all I need, whereas with BatteryDoctor Pro you have to manually switch locations. BatteryDoctor Pro has the advantage of switching other settings, but the only one I usually switch (if I have to do it manually) is WiFi. Smart3G auto shuts off 3G (and cellular data) when you are on a WiFi network and renables it when you disconnect. Smart 3G also shuts off cellular data when you lock your phone.

You can make exceptions for certain apps and Smart 3G also has a switch that allows you to retain EDGE.

So, all of that was ultimately why I left BatteryDoctor Pro. Love the fact that you can manually switch things with profiles and the app itself is graphically cool. But I didn't want to have to remember to do things manually when all I was switching on/off was WiFi. Smart 3G does that for me automatically.

One of the complaints about BatteryDoctor Pro was loss of cellular connection when uninstalling. Toggling your LTE switch off/on or your 3G switch off/on brings it back. Some people really seemed upset about that for some reason.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I had it installed for a few weeks and never had any issues with it. I used it to kill apps, toggle settings and sometimes open apps from the lock screen with their multitasking tray. I stopped using it because I have Auxo and I wanted to minimise the number of tweaks installed.

I never toggled data with it so I'm not sure what issues others might be having with that.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
i was about to install this until i read the comments from that link you posted and held back.

there are complaints galore there ranging from (ironically) using too much battery power to opening a port to some computer in china to being responsible for your phone's instability.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Not a fan of the China port issues, and also claims of it ruining people's phones. I also don't see the need.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
I'm loving it... I really can't live anymore without the smart settings, switching between Indoor and outdoor for me is just great.

Although I'm not sure if it gives the remaining battery time correctly. But is okay.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
Last time I downloaded it it really messed up my phone and it was so bad that I ended up having to do a restore. Never again, especially when today's jailbreaks are so far apart.

bLaZ3n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Last time I downloaded it it really messed up my phone and it was so bad that I ended up having to do a restore. Never again, especially when today's jailbreaks are so far apart.

How exactly? :confused:

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
How exactly? :confused:

Can't remember but It disabled a feature on my phone then wouldn't turn it back on, so when I deleted it and resprung it still wouldn't work so when I tried to reboot it got stuck on the apple logo, forcing a restore.

I can't remember exactly what the feature was, I think it had something to do with the backlight brightness. This was back when the 3G was still being sold by Apple so it could be fixed now, I just don't trust it after that.

----------

Not a fan of the China port issues, and also claims of it ruining people's phones. I also don't see the need.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

vha23

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2013
i used it for a few weeks. while i'm not 100% positive, i really felt that it drained my battery faster than without. also, i'm using sbsettings and sbprofiles, so i don't need the toggles at all. i liked knowing battery life in terms of hours, but in the end it wasn't worth the "supposed" drain, and possible open link to china

i use battery detective now. its not anyway nearly as detailed, but it does show max capacity of battery in mAh. this helps me decide when i need to run a full drain cycle.

Bitgod

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Not having any issues with it. I don't actively use it, but I just use it to check stats once in a while.

An "English" version showed up on Big Boss recently, but I just stuck with the chinese one, I didn't want to risk losin my recharge data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.