Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Apr 23, 2013, 01:31 PM   #1
HarryPot
macrumors 6502a

How to achieve this design?

Hi,

I'm trying to do something like what appears in this page: http://shun.kaiusaltd.com.

At the top, when you scroll the top part gets covered by that bottom part.

I know how to achieve this by using position: fixed;, but this comes with the inconvenience of being unable to use links and in general I dislike using fixed elements.

So, any ideas how this guys made it? I tried looking at their Page Source, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help.
HarryPot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:32 AM   #2
zObsidian
macrumors member

<ul class="slides"> contains the collapsible section that showcases the knives. There is a bunch of Javascript at the bottom of the page that handles the scrolling and slide transitions.
zObsidian is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development