Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1
zach3294
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 battery drain??

Here are two screen shots of different days of using my iPhone 5. I don't understand what is going on?? I have to carry my charger around with me wherever I go because the battery goes dead so fast some days. I have done all the normal "battery saving techniques" and my brightness is always in the middle. Can someone suggest something to help me, or should I bring my phone to an apple store and have it checked out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983.PNG
Views:	96
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	409262   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1972.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	409263  
zach3294 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:46 PM   #2
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

was one of these screenshots while you were still on 6.1.2 and the other on 6.1.3?

if not, it all depends on use. 1 hr 45 mins of texting does not equal 1 hr 45 mins of youtube streaming. two totally different kinds of use, that use two totally different amounts of battery life.
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3
zach3294
macrumors newbie

No, both screenshots were on 6.1.3

Also, I understand what you're saying about the usage differences but, the type of usage shouldn't have differed to that much of an extent, not 30% at least. I recall what I used my phone for each of these days, and there wasn't a substantial amount of time devoted to streaming more than the other
zach3294 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:47 PM   #4
EZB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach3294 View Post
No, both screenshots were on 6.1.3

Also, I understand what you're saying about the usage differences but, the type of usage shouldn't have differed to that much of an extent, not 30% at least. I recall what I used my phone for each of these days, and there wasn't a substantial amount of time devoted to streaming more than the other
How is the signal? If the signal comes in and out a lot, the battery will drain FAST.
EZB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Do you use spotify? That app murders the iPhone 5 battery. I unsubscribed from the paid service and deleted the app due to the drain. It's a common problem.

If you don't use that app, I would restore as new and just load up the apps you need daily. Add one per day after that and see how it goes.
Bugeyeblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:22 AM   #6
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
Do you use spotify? That app murders the iPhone 5 battery. I unsubscribed from the paid service and deleted the app due to the drain. It's a common problem.

If you don't use that app, I would restore as new and just load up the apps you need daily. Add one per day after that and see how it goes.
I don't have spotify but streaming radio of any kind kills my battery. Tunein radio does the same to me-too bad as it's a great app. Then again I have an external battery (Just Mobile Gum) and at work it's no problem to plug in-but for sure the default music app sips very little battery power in comparison.
decafjava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:16 PM   #7
cambookpro
macrumors 68040

I, too, am experiencing short battery life. The reason the time on standby is high is because it charged overnight and obviously reached 100% before morning. It's not a short as the OP's, but much less than the 9 or 10 hours I used to get.

All I did today was a bit of 3G browsing for 30 mins, watched 15 mins of video on 50% brightness and played about 20 mins of Fish Out Of Water and Stick Golf.

Seems to be unusually low?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-24 16.30.23.png
Views:	61
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	409402  
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:06 PM   #8
dw3bb10
macrumors 6502

Trust me, its the software. Ive had battery drain since 6.1.2, but its gotten worse with 6.1.3. Way back when, I would get 7-8 hours of usage from my iPhone. My usage patters havent changed at all, and I only get 3-4 hours now. Hopefully 6.1.4 comes, and FAST!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone