Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

playethic

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Not sure if I'm supposed to post an MS Word question here?
I will try.

I have Office 2011 on a Mac.
I have a document in MS Word I'm finishing.
I want page numbers to start after the table of contents (TOC). I've googled and searched Mac Help, and various forums, and now I have that part figured out, using the section break, so after TOC they start with pg. #1. I'm happy with that part.

However, in the pages leading up to the TOC, I have page numbers. I've already unchecked the box to do with the first page so there's no page number on the cover, but on the title pages there are page numbers. How do I make them go away?

playethic

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Not yet sadly

I followed it all but the page numbers are still there.
:(

I unlinked the previous section from section two, then read more and made sure I unlinked the footers too (where the page numbers are), I also tried to unlink from the bottom of section one but the option is greyed out and not possible to click there. Would it be okay for me to upload the attachment so someone can help by looking at what I'm doing wrong?

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
I followed it all but the page numbers are still there.
:(

I unlinked the previous section from section two, then read more and made sure I unlinked the footers too (where the page numbers are), I also tried to unlink from the bottom of section one but the option is greyed out and not possible to click there. Would it be okay for me to upload the attachment so someone can help by looking at what I'm doing wrong?

I tried to DM you back but I'm not sure if you got the reply since my Sent folder remains empty. I'd be happy to look at the file for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.