Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avalon74

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Why has badge clear not been updated for iOS6 yet? Its the one tweak that I still havent been able to find a replacement for... and its driving me nuts.

I dont want to remove badges completely, but Id like clearing notifications from notification center to clear the apps badge (if it has one). No tweak Ive looked at seems to do this. Are there any others that can do this?

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
Why has badge clear not been updated for iOS6 yet? Its the one tweak that I still havent been able to find a replacement for... and its driving me nuts.

I dont want to remove badges completely, but Id like clearing notifications from notification center to clear the apps badge (if it has one). No tweak Ive looked at seems to do this. Are there any others that can do this?

Clear badges from big boss repo.

Avalon74

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Clear badges from big boss repo.

No. That does not replicate the function of BadgeClear that I am looking for.

With BadgeClear, I could, for instance, receive a twitter notification.

2. Because of the notification, Tweetbot would have a badge on the app icon. (At this point, I could go into jutter mode and remove the badge, but I dont want to do that.)

3 After seeing the notification, I go into Notification Center and read the tweet without needing to enter the Tweetbot app.

4. I then clear the notification from Notification Center, which in the process of removing it from the Notification Center clears the badge. (I want this part: Clearing a notification from Notification Center clears the apps badge)

Thats what I want. No badge clearing thing Ive found since 'BadgeClear' has done this. Clear Badges doesnt do it (I just tried).

Last edited:

Evelynds

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
ny
Their "scoreboard" requires little or no interaction from the user other than to look and to wear an active badge.

Avalon74

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I love it when I ask for one thing... and everyone posts things that are not what I asked for... its wonderful.

Let me restate:

I want clearing a notification in Notification Center to also clear the apps badge on the icon. Nothing Ive seen can do that (not since the BadgeClear tweak, which doesnt work on iOS6).

Everything Ive seen is either getting rid of badges completely or letting me do something to the app icon to remove the badge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.