Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldhifi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
USA
anyone know why ML Mail keeps asking for password ? some days its works fine but lately it keeps asking for password. I did not have this problem in Snow Leopard.

Nov 28, 2010
located
What mail service provider do you use? I have that problem too with Yahoo!, but then again, I also had it with Sparrow and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I use bellsouth.net which is thru yahoo servers I guess

Yahoo changed the password security. A lot of users have report in Yahoo to change your password through Yahoo's web site and then try Mac Mail with that new password (making sure the password is no longer then 8 characters). Try it to see if that works.

Last edited:

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I dumped all my yahoo accounts for this reason. Strange, iOS has no problems with them though.

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Yahoo changed the password security. A lot of users have report in Yahoo to change your password through Yahoo's web site and then try Mac Mail with that new password (making sure the password is no longer then 8 characters). Try it to see if that works.

So that may be why my Yahoo has been strange lately. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.