Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:55 AM   #1
tpatten
macrumors newbie

Deployment Lockout

Hi everyone,
I have quite an interesting thing that I would like to do and I am not even sure if it is possible or how to go about it. I have 800+ computers that i need to do an inventory of within 1 week from now. The plan is to do the inventory on next tuesday and I have lots of help for this part. What I would like to do is to send out a script to all of the computers using apple remote desktop that will change all of the passwords and locking everyone out first thing next wednesday EXCEPT I need to have an easy way to disable it once the person has had their computer inventoried. Is there any way I can do this and have it check a database of sorts and if it doesn't find that that system has all ready been checked that it will execute this script rendering the device useless until the contact me to have it fixed?
tpatten is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming