Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
I'm usin tmobile 30$ month unlimited data 100 mins plan wondering if there is an app or something that I can use to connect my iPad to get free Internet from my phone.

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
So just jailbreak the iPhone then download the app and good to go? Would like to use this tmobile plan for my iPad too and possibly laptop when on the go

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
So just jailbreak the iPhone then download the app and good to go? Would like to use this tmobile plan for my iPad too and possibly laptop when on the go

I dunno how "stringent" T-Mob is about finding out you've been tethering without a tethering data plan, but AT&T texts users it "catches" then tells them they will be forced into a 5gb, $50/mo tethering plan if they continue to use the tethering apps from Cydia.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I dunno how "stringent" T-Mob is about finding out you've been tethering without a tethering data plan, but AT&T texts users it "catches" then tells them they will be forced into a 5gb, $50/mo tethering plan if they continue to use the tethering apps from Cydia.

This is pure speculation on my part but out of any device, I would think tethering an iPad would be safest. The data going back and forth is going to look exactly like it would on the iPhone being that it is iOS. Anyway, on a pay as you go plan you aren't really out anything other than the cost of your SIM card should they decide to ban it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.