Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drwhat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
hi, I was wondering what is the difference between the password settings for the main network vs base station. I want everyone in my apartment to be able to access the Internet, but don't want anyone to have access to the Airports settings. Thanks in advance!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
The password on the Wireless page of the AirPort utility is the one you want to share. The one on the Base Station page is the one you want to keep private.

Drwhat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
The password on the Wireless page of the AirPort utility is the one you want to share. The one on the Base Station page is the one you want to keep private.

so if i change the password to he base station will everyone sill be allowed o access the internet but not the router settings?

if so, how can i do this with airport utility?

thanks again

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
so if i change the password to he base station will everyone sill be allowed o access the internet but not the router settings?

if so, how can i do this with airport utility?

thanks again

There's a password on the Base Station page, and a password on the Wireless page. The one on the Wireless page is the one that allows people to access the Internet, and the one on the Base Station page is the one that allows settings to be changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.