Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeycool

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Australia
Hey guys Im sure this topic has been discussed before... but need help!! tryed a few things and cant seen to fix the slowness

thanks

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hey guys Im sure this topic has been discussed before... but need help!! tryed a few things and cant seen to fix the slowness

thanks

Too little information.
For instance, is it slow right away from the beginning or does it get slower over time, how many tabs are open, if it gets slower over time you might have too little RAM.
To see if RAM is the problem open Activity Monitor and see if there are page outs, if there are several GB's of page outs you need more RAM.

If it is slow from the beginning and there is plenty of physical RAM available there are other ways to fix it, like updating Chrome, clean Chromes caches and other files related to Chrome.

joeycool

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Australia
hey there. Its slow from the start I have 16gb of ram & have tried to update its running the latest and I have cleaned as much as I can

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
hey there. Its slow from the start I have 16gb of ram & have tried to update its running the latest and I have cleaned as much as I can

Make a new User Account, preferably as Admin, logout of your normal account and into the new one, it will take a bit because this is the first time it is set up, after it is done restart and again login into the new one, now open Chrome, any better there, if so you have issues with your normal account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.