Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I held off on upgrading to an iPhone 5 with my Sprint plan in the summer because I didn't really need to and it was $200. Now it's 99 and I have 15 dollars of trade in value for my current smart phone.

I know a new iPhone will drop in June or something so can we expect the iPhone 5 to drop even more during that time?

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
I held off on upgrading to an iPhone 5 with my Sprint plan in the summer because I didn't really need to and it was $200. Now it's 99 and I have 15 dollars of trade in value for my current smart phone.

I know a new iPhone will drop in June or something so can we expect the iPhone 5 to drop even more during that time?

The $99 price point is an Instant Savings promo if you leave your carrier and sign up for a two year agreement with Sprint. If you are just upgrading your phone/contract, it will be $199.99 for the iPhone 5. Price points for the iPhone's usually do not drop to the $99 point until the latest phone is actually for sell.

Sean76

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2013
NYC
Most likely not going to see a new iphone until Fall of 2013... ios 7 in June though

When the new phone is announced that's when you'll see a price drop on the 5

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I would not count on a price drop until after the s gets introduced sometime this year.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
For the last several months, in my area, AT&T has been selling vast amounts of iPhone 4's for $1.00 to those on AT&T plans that need or want a new iPhone.

Equally as popular for those that don't mind paying more, they've been selling iPhone 4S models for $99.00. I've been seeing so many friends that aren't phone enthusiasts like us buy these older iPhones. It's truly amazing.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Most likely not going to see a new iphone until Fall of 2013... ios 7 in June though

When the new phone is announced that's when you'll see a price drop on the 5

iOS 7 is not going to be released in June. They will be announcing it at WWDC but it will take months of betas for developers before release (most likley with the new iPhone).

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
That's a rip off. What is your current phone? You will be able to get a lot more selling elsewhere (eBay, Craigslist).

It's a 3 year old HTC Evo 4g lol. I was going to trade it in last summer for like $50 but decided not to. Now it's only netting me $15

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It's a 3 year old HTC Evo 4g lol. I was going to trade it in last summer for like $50 but decided not to. Now it's only netting me $15

You can still ebay or Craigslist that thing for $50. If I were you, I'd just keep it as a backup. $15 isn't worth losing a backup (assuming it still works fine) and $50 isn't worth my trouble to meet someone on Craigslist. If anything I'd list on eBay, throw it in a small prepaid USPS box for $5, and profit $30. Better yet, donate it to someone in need. There are some great groups that get phones to soldiers, the needy, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.