Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1
irDigital0l

Why do people think that WWDC 2013 logo means new UI for iOS 7?

WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Some say its colorful and looks like icons which could hint at an iOS revamp but WWDC 2012 logo was colorful and was made up of these squares too.

Only thing that looks different is 1) No Apple logo 2) XIII instead of 13

But lets be honest, people know is about Apple because it literally says 'Apple Worldwide Developer Conference' at the bottom and I think most people know the year is 2013.

Also read this article for some good laughs.

http://mockcrunch.com/2012/06/08/8-p...he-invitation/

Most likely we'll see some changes to the UI for iOS (nothing to radical) but the logo is just Apple getting creative. Tbh there previous ones were basically either showing a ton of apps or an apple logo. Plus they need a good laugh at all those people ciphering the hidden code of the WWDC logo.

Last edited by irDigital0l; Apr 26, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
irDigital0l is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Tar Sniffer
macrumors 6502

As i understand it, the speculation around the WWDC 2013 logo being a iOS 7 hint is for two main reasons.
- The change in font is an indicator of Ive's clean minimalist design, with text being brought to the forefront.
- The stacked arrangement of the app squares represent the much rumored flat design that will be introduced.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm of the opinion that the gray rectangle is an Apple TV sitting on top of Apps, which would suggest that it's finally getting an App Store. It's not really clear if these WWDC logos actually represent anything though or if its just people reading to far into the images.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:50 AM   #3
myuserid08
macrumors 6502

Multi-coloured phones?

Especially this one....

myuserid08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Menel
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid08 View Post
Multi-coloured phones?

Especially this one....

Looks like an iPod Touch to me. No earpiece for audio.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Some say its colorful and looks like icons which could hint at an iOS revamp but WWDC 2012 logo was colorful and was made up of these squares too.

But lets be honest, people know is about Apple because it literally says 'Apple Worldwide Developer Conference' at the bottom and I think most people know the year is 2013.

Most likely we'll see some changes to the UI for iOS (nothing to radical) but the logo is just Apple getting creative. Tbh there previous ones were basically either showing a ton of apps or an apple logo. Plus they need a good laugh at all those people ciphering the hidden code of the WWDC logo.
Because the last five or so WWDCs have announced new versions of iOS.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:43 AM   #5
dontpannic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Are you seriously suggesting that they are alike? Can't you see that there is a huge change in the logo this year?

No Apple Logo
Different Font
Use of Roman Numerals
Not on the gradient background
Different 'base' colour

It couldn't be more different if it tried.
dontpannic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:24 AM   #6
virginblue4
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid08 View Post
Multi-coloured phones?

Especially this one....

I can't work out what this image has to do with multi-coloured iPhones?

iPhone 5S, gold, iOS 8.0.2
iPad mini 2, silver, iOS 8.0.2
Late 2012 27" iMac - 3.4GHz i7, 1TB Fusion, 24GB RAM, 680MX 2GB
virginblue4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:17 PM   #7
KieranDotW
macrumors 6502a

I'm not saying this is any indication either, but I noticed today that hovering over the buttons in the top bar of Apple's website now reveals blue bars around the selection. Just thought I'd share along the whole 'colors' theme, probably meaningless though.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:19 PM   #8
madsci954
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KieranDotW View Post
I'm not saying this is any indication either, but I noticed today that hovering over the buttons in the top bar of Apple's website now reveals blue bars around the selection. Just thought I'd share along the whole 'colors' theme, probably meaningless though.
Must be browser dependent, I trying it on Chrome on a Windows PC, no colors for me.
madsci954 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:30 PM   #9
CrimsonKnight
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KieranDotW View Post

Running Firefox here on Windows XP SP3, not seeing the blue.. but who knows.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:35 PM   #10
adam044
macrumors 65816

It means nothing what connection can you make to the previous 2 years?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:40 PM   #11
maxosx
macrumors 68020

We go through this imaginary guessing game every year.

Seems the fertile & very vivid imaginations run wild at the mere sight of any banner, graphic, color, or font style.

Doting on every bit of minutia, how this excites some is incredibly entertaining.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:03 PM   #12
rhett7660
macrumors G3

Looks like the dimensions of a watch face and then you add in the font. They look very roman numeral to me.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:45 PM   #13
irDigital0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
Because the last five or so WWDCs have announced new versions of iOS.
Which is what I'm saying. Every year new iOS gets released and no major. UI changes.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that they are alike? Can't you see that there is a huge change in the logo this year?

No Apple Logo
Different Font
Use of Roman Numerals
Different 'base' colour

Yes but what does the logo have anything to do with Apple's design on their products?

Look at the analysis threads for last years. Different color icons stacked together forming the Apple logo...definitely a UI redesign.
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:14 PM   #14
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Which is what I'm saying. Every year new iOS gets released and no major. UI changes.[COLOR="#808080"]
So if something has always been a certain way that means it will stay that ea forever? What exactly did Cook put Ive in charge of Human Interface for then?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:38 PM   #15
Small White Car
macrumors G4

Quote:
Which is what I'm saying. Every year new iOS gets released and no major. UI changes.
You don't think that firing the guy in charge of iOS might result in some slight differences from past years?
Small White Car is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:19 PM   #16
irDigital0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
You don't think that firing the guy in charge of iOS might result in some slight differences from past years?
No, that's what I think. Ive being in charge of HI and Hair Force One being in charge of OS X and iOS software clearly means some changes.

But hypothesizing that apple's wwdc logo has some radical da vinci code type secret code to be cracked just seems a little silly.

When did Apple's WWDC logo design imply new design changes?
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:05 AM   #17
dontpannic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yes but what does the logo have anything to do with Apple's design on their products?
I never said it did. All I said is that the logo this year is drastically different from those of previous years.
dontpannic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:11 AM   #18
AQUADock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
No, that's what I think. Ive being in charge of HI and Hair Force One being in charge of OS X and iOS software clearly means some changes.

But hypothesizing that apple's wwdc logo has some radical da vinci code type secret code to be cracked just seems a little silly.

When did Apple's WWDC logo design imply new design changes?
I don't think many people have implied that the WWDC logo has a major ulterior meaning. The thing is that its quite radically different from the previous logos so that in turn may give an idea that apples OS design might be quite different.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:11 AM   #19
spacehog371
macrumors regular

Tim Cook explicitly said on the earnings call that there would be both a new version of OS X and a new version of iOS.
spacehog371 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:12 AM   #20
Risco
macrumors 65816

Actually it suggests to me multi coloured iPhones.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:19 AM   #21
JaySoul
macrumors 65816

Looks like a World War in D.C. is on the cards.
JaySoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:14 PM   #22
SpyderBite
macrumors 65816

The Roman numerals are obviously referring to the new "Superbowl Coverage" updates added to the notification center. Noobs.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:22 PM   #23
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
Because Apple's press release said so.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:23 PM   #24
Razeus
macrumors 68040

Quote:
WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Because the invite says to come see what they have for iOS and OS X. Did you read it?
Razeus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:42 PM   #25
MattInOz
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post

No Apple Logo
Different Font
Use of Roman Numerals
Different 'base' colour

The logo is still there just missing the leaf.

Edit: adding as new as it looks it does, in design terms, seem as much like an evolution of the graphics as previous years.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7