Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raghav2511

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
Toronto, ON, Canada
Hi Guys,

I've a Late 2009 MB. I upgraded to Mountain Lion, but I'm having some issues and want to go back to Snow Leopard. The problem is I don't have the DVD ROM that came along with the MB. Can you guys give me suggestions as to how I can still restore my MB to SL?

PS- I have the DVD ROM of a 15" MBP (Early 2011), but I guess I can't use that?

Thanks guys!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hi Guys,

I've a Late 2009 MB. I upgraded to Mountain Lion, but I'm having some issues and want to go back to Snow Leopard. The problem is I don't have the DVD ROM that came along with the MB. Can you guys give me suggestions as to how I can still restore my MB to SL?

PS- I have the DVD ROM of a 15" MBP (Early 2011), but I guess I can't use that?

Thanks guys!

AFAIK grey disks won't work on other Macs, retail should.

You can buy Snow Leopard for $19.99 from Apple, but it depends if it will run, the late 2009 model needs 10.6.1, 10.6 won't install on it.

minifridge1138

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
If you buy Snow Leopard from the Apple Store, then you will get 10.6.3.

I have also heard of people calling Apple support and getting replacement install disk that match what their Mac originally shipped with. I'm not sure how much those cost, so you're probably better off getting the universal installer from the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.