Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
After installing the BackBoard Services patch for the springboard my data speeds have taken a nose dive. I was getting 1.4 Mbps on verizon 3G and now I can only get .5 Mbps. Even when I disable the patch there is no change.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Edit. I'm contemplating restoring to 6.1.3 and losing my jailbreak. I really don't want to do this.

It just seems like that patch is not disabling.

I'm also thinking about iLex, but I don't know if that would restore plists.

Last edited:

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
What does that tweak do? (I don't have flex installed). Do you have sbsettings or icleaner pro installed? You can see if there is a preference left behind. you can also try ifile and manually locate and delete.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
After installing the BackBoard Services patch for the springboard my data speeds have taken a nose dive. I was getting 1.4 Mbps on verizon 3G and now I can only get .5 Mbps. Even when I disable the patch there is no change.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Edit. I'm contemplating restoring to 6.1.3 and losing my jailbreak. I really don't want to do this.

It just seems like that patch is not disabling.

I'm also thinking about iLex, but I don't know if that would restore plists.

Have you tried disabling the flex mobile substrate addon with iCleaner pro and respringing your device? Then after it boots up with flex completely disabled, check your speeds. If they're still poor then it might be something other than flex causing this issue. If they're back to normal, you can temporarily remove flex, delete any and all plist files associated with Flex, then reinstall flex and reinstall your patches but obviously skip installing that faulty patch.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Have you tried disabling the flex mobile substrate addon with iCleaner pro and respringing your device? Then after it boots up with flex completely disabled, check your speeds. If they're still poor then it might be something other than flex causing this issue. If they're back to normal, you can temporarily remove flex, delete any and all plist files associated with Flex, then reinstall flex and reinstall your patches but obviously skip installing that faulty patch.

I was able to get rid of the bad plist.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
Do you perform speed test? Like before and after?

No, just use it in the same place often. Wish I would've now that you mention it. I don't know much of how a script could be uninstalled an still muck it up. I'd rather not have to shut all the tweaks off and uninstall, but if I have to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.