Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnehal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2013
Hello All,

Would like to circulate a few queries on the Refurbished 13 inch rMBP:

1. Any feedback from folks who purchased this? Any persistent issues with IR/ghosting etc? (feedback from owners will be very useful)

2. Does anyone think that during the refurbishment process, Apple replaces 'suspect' panels, with those without issues (say Samsung?)

3. Would it be reasonable to expect that since having been through the refurbishment process, the probability of having any display issues would be low?

4. Is that display issue - IR/ghosting - really that big of deal? I am not a photographer or a graphics professional. But does this become an issue with regular office for mac/web browsing/light gaming tasks?

5. Likewise, what exactly is the 'Fan Issue', are folks still finding it? With refurbished rMBP? If yes, how much of an issue is this, realistically?

6. Why do you think, this is a compelling sell over the cMBP? (besides the upgradability of the cMBP and the retina of the rMBP)?

Many thanks.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
My two cents:

1) Didn't buy refurb

2) Maybe some but I bet not very many

3) Yes

4) No. My rMBP is fine and I'm picky (but not over the top like some)

5) I believe the fan issue was solved by a firmware update. But, it's never happened to me regardless

6) The screen is beautiful and the overall form factor is sleeker than the cMBP. Plus, lots of horsepower. Does everyone need this? No, but it's nice if it's in the budget.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.