Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsaustinh

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
The volume up button on my iPhone 5 is making a clicking sound and feels slightly loose. The down volume button doesn't do it. I'm worried that at some point the button will stop working or it will fall out, has this happened to anyone else? :(

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
The volume up button on my iPhone 5 is making a clicking sound and feels slightly loose. The down volume button doesn't do it. I'm worried that at some point the button will stop working or it will fall out, has this happened to anyone else? :(

This is happening to iPhones everywhere. My sleep wake button came loose. Take it to the apple store, they will replace it.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I've already had my iPhone 5 replaced once for a loose sleep/wake button. Now my volume buttons are loose. When I went to the Apple store the employee told me that since you are only allowed 3 replacements a year I should wait until the buttons completely stop working. He also said that it's a common problem.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
The phone is under warranty. Get it replaced now! There is no limit on replacements under warranty. If it's bad let Apple take care of it. :cool:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

Have you contacted apple for a repair?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.