Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benpasternak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I just heard that Apple announced WWDC 2013 has officially been announced. After a few minutes of investigating I noticed Apple is giving 150 scholarships for students who are looking to attend WWDC 2013.

So lets all discuss how we are planning on getting in?

blakintosh

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
I don't even understand the requirements for the app, is it make an app about ourselves (an app that talks about us) or just submit one of our previously done apps?

What do you guys think?

GreatGold

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2013
I don't even understand the requirements for the app, is it make an app about ourselves (an app that talks about us) or just submit one of our previously done apps?

What do you guys think?

Yeah, you are right because it first says that it should be an app that resembles you, and then they say that you'll be judged by technical skills and creativity. What the hell ?!?!

macdude3

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
It is not due for a week and we will not be informed of our acceptances until a couple of weeks later so your question is slightly preemptive.

On a different note, did you guys hear that WWDC sold out in two minutes!? I am horrified to even consider the number of people who will vie for the 150 tickets this year. Good luck to all attempting!

Xius

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
WWDC 2013 Scholarship Thread

What up guys, it's been a year since the 2012 Scholarship program for WWDC 2012! Hope everyone gets in this time! So what are you guys doing for the app about yourself?

patapple

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
It is not due for a week and we will not be informed of our acceptances until a couple of weeks later so your question is slightly preemptive.

On a different note, did you guys hear that WWDC sold out in two minutes!? I am horrified to even consider the number of people who will vie for the 150 tickets this year. Good luck to all attempting!

Yes, 2 minutes is unbelievably incredible. I am going to apply. Hping for the best!

RazorSharp1296

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2013
WWDC 13 Scholarship App Question

I'm applying for a scholarship for WWDC for the first time, and I'm really excited but a little nervous (mainly b/c the tickets sold out in two minutes and that means there'll probably be a lot of competition).

I have a question though: :apple: wants us to highlight, among other things, our technical skills. What does that mean? Are they asking what programming languages we know, or what other platforms we develop for, etc.? I'm a little confused there. Any help to clear this up would be nice!

Xius

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
I think you basically need to make an app which tells them about you, what apps you've made, any projects you've worked on etc. Last year you just had to write about why you think you should get a scholarship but this year they've made it harder. I got rejected last time so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this time :)

Brennenlb

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
United States
Who is applying for a WWDC 2013 Student Scholarship?

On the announce of WWDC 2013, Apple (APPL) also announces that they would be giving 150 seats to students that win one of the WWDC 2013 Student Scholarships. We are required to make an app showing 5 different parts of our live including technical ability, education, and professional skills. I am applying and I want to know who else is applying. Let me know! Thanks.

honkeyponk

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Wait this makes no sense! Are we making an app about our selfs for example if your name was joey "The Joey app". If we are then inside the app we would have a biography about ourselves? Or can we just make an app that we think is a good idea?

Brennenlb

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
United States
An app about yourself

Wait this makes no sense! Are we making an app about our selfs for example if your name was joey "The Joey app". If we are then inside the app we would have a biography about ourselves? Or can we just make an app that we think is a good idea?

The app is supposed to be about yourself.

Xius

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2012
That's a secret ;) Haha what are you guys doing for proof of enrolment? I'm pretty confused about how I'm supposed to prove it...

Mac Fan 4 Ever

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2010
That's a secret ;) Haha what are you guys doing for proof of enrolment? I'm pretty confused about how I'm supposed to prove it...

Anyone else wanna say what they're doing for the app? lol I'm not stealing ideas, just wondering...

I think it said you had to include a pdf copy of your latest school schedule...

jakechasan

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2013
When we code sign our app, should we choose Dev or Distribution?

Hi Everyone,

When I upload my app to the WWDC Site, should I code sign it with my Developement or Distribution Certificate?

Thanks,

Jake

patapple

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
I think you need to sign it with your distribution certificate but I am not sure. I have contacted Apple yesterday, still waiting for a reply.

jakechasan

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2013
Distribution Certificate

I am assuming the distribution would be "App Store" and not "Adhoc"?

Jake

Brennenlb

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
United States
Submitted

I submitted for the scholarship but did not receive a conformation on the page when i clicked submit nor did i receive an email. I waited for it to get to 100 and it just refreshed the page after being complete. Does anyone else know if it went through? Did anyone receive a confirmation? Thanks! :cool:

jakechasan

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2013
What did you code sign with?

@Brennenlb did you code sign your app with an "App Store" distribution profile?

Jake

Brennenlb

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2013
United States
Code Signing

I code signed with my development certificate because technicall, i am not distributing the software... only sending a .app @jakechasan
:rolleyes::cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.