Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Schmitty11
Banned

Landing gear part found, is tied to 9/11

Quote:
A piece believed to be from one of the airliners that hit the World Trade Center towers on September 11, 2001, has been found behind the site of an Islamic community center near ground zero, the New York Police Department said Friday.
Investigators are looking into how a part of what appears to be landing gear became wedged between 51 Park Place -- the site of a controversial community center -- and another building just a few blocks from ground zero.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/26/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t3

Pretty amazing it took 12 years to accidentally find and it was "only" 3 blocks away. I say it like that because it scares me about how much force it takes to send a piece of landing gear 3 blocks.
Schmitty11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 07:39 PM   #2
TyPod
macrumors 68000

That is insane and creepy! Thanks for sharing.
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 02:27 PM   #3
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitty11 View Post
I say it like that because it scares me about how much force it takes to send a piece of landing gear 3 blocks.
That is amazing. Along the same lines, I read an article recently on an explosion in Texas in 1947, and the two-ton anchor of the ship was thrown nearly a mile and a half. Now THAT is force!!

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events