Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vanderz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Hi,
I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000, i'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of getting this Webcam to work to it's full potential with their Mac?
I'm have a 2011 Macbook Pro in a docking station, connected to a Sony monitor. I wanted a external Cam so i didn't have UN-dock every time i wanted to Skype.
I've plugged the cam in and it works straight away in Photo Booth, although the aspect ratio of the image is out vertically.
Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Also i have a programme called webcam monitor (not to sure where it's come from, if I'm honest). BUT, the ratio is almost perfect on this app.

Please can someone help?

Thanks in advance,
James

Edit: Images taken from the camera's.

This image is taken with the Facetime Camera, in photo booth
3133lfp.jpg

This on taken with the Lifecam HD-3000, in photo booth.
33z8vg2.jpg

This is a screenshot of the LifeCam running in, Webcam Monitor.
35008yv.jpg

Last edited:

pkm2003

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2012
Try This

You may find the following helps resolve your problem.

Firstly, go to http://mactaris.blogspot.co.uk/p/webcam-settings-and-imovie.html and download/install the WSiE application.

Then launch Quicktime and create a New Movie Recording. There is a dropdown on the far right of Quicktime's recording player that let's you change the recording quality. If you set this to High or Maximum then this (combined with the WSiE application) will enable your webcam for iMovie and should also correct any 4:3 aspect ratio problems with Photo Booth.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.