Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1
easer353
macrumors newbie

Can you push updates with Mac Server like Firefox?

Hi everyone,

I created a custom image and added Firefox. Is there a way to push updates to Macs without the users being able to update? I would like it so only admin can update Firefox and not the user. Do I have to do it manually to each Mac physically or can Mac server push the update and user can agree to update with some kind of notification?
easer353 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 06:20 PM   #2
DJLC
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to DJLC Send a message via MSN to DJLC Send a message via Yahoo to DJLC Send a message via Skype™ to DJLC
I think the easiest way to do that would be to make a custom installer package for the update and push it out with Apple Remote Desktop Task Server. Clients would automatically receive the update when they connect to the network. It's completely silent, unless you specify an optional reboot.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Tags
netinstall, push notification, server mac, server settings, update