Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
California
With the exception that matte films will distort the retina...are there certain brands with a minimal grainy appearance?

SoLongAndroid

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Power Support is the best anti fingerprint and glare free screen protector. If you are extremely picky you might think it decreases clarity but there is zero distortion. Again I have no issue with the screen quality. It leaves zero smudges and would block out any light glare possible.

If you want something that is matte but almost clear quality there is the Belkin screen protectors at the apple store. It is labeled anti fingerprint and anti glare but very clear quality. Here is the catch, it gets finger prints almost as easily as a clear screen protector. It has a slight glare in sunlight. So honestly I would not go with it since the matte part of it isn't that much better than just having a clear protector.

If you really want the benefits of a matte, there is no better choice than PS.

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Belkin Iris. No other matte that I've ever seen has this level of clarity. Noticeably clearer than the PS.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I always buy Spigen or PS but they were to of stock so I picked up the Belkin Iris. Best AG I have used...

mobstar20

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2013
Power Support is the best anti fingerprint and glare free screen protector. If you are extremely picky you might think it decreases clarity but there is zero distortion. Again I have no issue with the screen quality. It leaves zero smudges and would block out any light glare possible.

If you want something that is matte but almost clear quality there is the Belkin screen protectors at the apple store. It is labeled anti fingerprint and anti glare but very clear quality. Here is the catch, it gets finger prints almost as easily as a clear screen protector. It has a slight glare in sunlight. So honestly I would not go with it since the matte part of it isn't that much better than just having a clear protector.

If you really want the benefits of a matte, there is no better choice than PS.

This is a very good tip. Very informationational. I will buy PS for my iphone too since it has a good review. But if there any other that would be better than this, I hope I will know.

I am very sophisticated with an anti-glare protector. I am ready to spent as long as it is the best. Lol. :p

Hrothgar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
New York
Screen protectors seem to run from a few dollars to almost $30. Is there a significant benefit to paying more than $5?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.