Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Knights of the Old Republic 2

All I want to do is play this on my Macbook Air. I have the actual game, back when I had a windows machine. Now I don't have one, nobody in my family does.

All I want to do is play this on my mac, but I can't figure out how. I don't want to install windows on this computer, and I don't want to buy expensive software just to play this one game, as this one game would literally be the only thing I would use this for.

MGregory666

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
UK
Knights of the Old Republic 2

All I want to do is play this on my Macbook Air. I have the actual game, back when I had a windows machine. Now I don't have one, nobody in my family does.

All I want to do is play this on my mac, but I can't figure out how. I don't want to install windows on this computer, and I don't want to buy expensive software just to play this one game, as this one game would literally be the only thing I would use this for.

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/bootcamp/

You can create a small boot camp partition within OS X. Above is a link direct from Apple on how to do this. Be aware that you are going to need a Windows OS disk and a licence to activate it. I would suggest using Windows 7 as the driver support is much better than XP Home or Pro.

I hope this helps.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
not buying Windows... and simple... do not really go together very well for running Windows software on not-Windows.

THe game you want to run though isn't too hard though. For free you can use Wineskin. It will take a slight bit of learning, but I've played through Kotor1 and 2 just fine with it.

For a low cost you can buy Crossover... which also uses Wine to run Windows software, but its made to be very user friendly.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Be careful if you follow the Crossover route, I purchased this sometime back and never ever managed to get one game working under it.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Yeah I understand it wouldn't be simple, but all I needed was this one game.

I really have no idea how to use wineskin or anything, and honestly after googling it I think I will just buy it for the Xbox, I wanted to play it on PC since I already have the game, but I don't want to go through all that hassle just to play one game.

MGregory666

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
UK
Yeah I understand it wouldn't be simple, but all I needed was this one game.

I really have no idea how to use wineskin or anything, and honestly after googling it I think I will just buy it for the Xbox, I wanted to play it on PC since I already have the game, but I don't want to go through all that hassle just to play one game.

No problems dude, I know how you feel. You just want it to be hassle free. Send it as a suggestion to Aspyr or Feral as it is a classic game.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
No problems dude, I know how you feel. You just want it to be hassle free. Send it as a suggestion to Aspyr or Feral as it is a classic game.

Well it's not even about the hassle really, if I needed a bigger reason to use windows or had more apps that I HAD to use that were only on Windows I would do it, but I'm not going to bother with just one game, besides it may have all kinds of compatibility issues and stuff.

I can get it on Xbox for like 25 bucks. Thanks for all the help though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.