Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 28, 2013, 07:13 AM   #1
dslau
macrumors newbie

Java "Accept Incoming Network Connections"

I have just downloaded the latest Java version from the App Store using software update. Now I keep getting the message "Do you want the application "java" to accept incoming network connections? ......." appearing and then disappearing on my screen about every 10 seconds. I have tried selecting Deny and also Allow but this does not resolve the problem. This is making my system unusable. Any ideas how I might resolve this?

Any help much appreciated.
dslau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:02 AM   #2
dslau
macrumors newbie

Resolved the problem by restoring from Time Machine backup taken immediately before installing the latest Java and Safari updates. Now back to normal.

Has anyone installed these updates without problems? Versions are Safari 6.0.4 and Java SE 6 1.1.0_45.
dslau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 07:43 PM   #3
canyonlight
macrumors newbie

Problem Here Too

Having same problem. Need help.
canyonlight is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion