Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 28, 2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Qohelet
macrumors newbie

Networking iTunes and iPhoto from an external drive

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice. I have a 13" Macbook that contains my primary iTunes library, my iPhoto library, and my Delicious Library library. I am hoping to put each of these libraries onto a networked RAID drive and have them accessible to every mac that I own. I want to have everything in a single place, rather than having part of my music library here and some of my photos there.

I plan to attach the networked drive to my new Mac Mini once I get it. I have not signed up for iCloud yet, only because I don't want things to start syncing between devices until I get this solution set up.

Has anyone done this before? Any advice on drives to use, or the best way to set it up, or to transfer the libraries to the drive?

I appreciate any advice. Many thanks!
160 GB iPod Classic
Qohelet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking