Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
United States
Hey guys, havent posted here in a while, but this amazing idea hit me.

What if apple released a back screen protector for the iphone 5, or case, that uysing the emmited heat from the iphone 5 could be an nfc transmitter. The two would pair via bluetooth effectively making the iphone 5 an nfc device, with no additional battery or devices.

What do you guys think?

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
If anything they will release the 5S with it to sell the devise. There is no way apple would release something for an older device as an add on to bring it up to date with their newer product. Think about the 4S with Siri and the 4 left out in the dark. It is a reason for people to buy the new product.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Hey guys, havent posted here in a while, but this amazing idea hit me.

What if apple released a back screen protector for the iphone 5, or case, that uysing the emmited heat from the iphone 5 could be an nfc transmitter. The two would pair via bluetooth effectively making the iphone 5 an nfc device, with no additional battery or devices.

What do you guys think?

I can't imagine Apple ever releasing something that complicated. If anything it will come builtin to an iPhone someday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.