Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 29, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1
jmason1
macrumors newbie

Mail on OSX 10.8.3 (Mail version 6.3)

I have a MacBook Pro and have been using Apple's Mail App for the better part of 4 years now with no issues (single account).

Bought a MacBook Air for my wife recently, running OSX 10.8.3. She uses the Mail App with two email accounts. One for personal use and one for business use. She is having problems sending emails (both email accounts are with Cox Communications - cox.net accounts). She had some funky SMTP settings, which I thought were the culprit, changed server name to: smtp.cox.net for her outgoing email. This seemed to be the fix as she did not have a problem for about 3 weeks.

Sadly the problem has returned. Nothing has changed from the settings update last made.

Settings are as follows:

Use default ports (25, 465, 587) selected
Using SSL with password authentication
Server name: smtp.cox.net
TLS Certificate: None

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks.
jmason1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 06:26 PM   #2
comics addict
macrumors regular

Can't personally help you there but, since you mention your wife's computer is a new one, have you tried contacting AppleCare directly? All Macs come with a complementary 90 day phone support. Their customer service is really good so I'm pretty sure they might actually be capable of troubleshooting it for you. They sure did for me when my yahoo email account was acting a little wobbly.
comics addict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 12:38 AM   #3
glenthompson
macrumors Demi-God

Doesn't Cox usually require a SMTP server of smtp.east.cox.net? Or west if you're in that area.

Is she getting a specific error or are the mails just being sent?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store