Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1
gc15
macrumors regular

Facebook App.

I thought thew new version of the facebook app was suppose to fix some of the major problems the older versions had. Sometimes this app never even works for me, for example it just crashes and is just slow. Also at times it doesnt even load updates correctly, like it could update and it will show stuff from yesterday. Im just wondering if everyone else's app is like this as well.

sorry for posting this here, i did not know there was a specific section for third party apps and i will be moving my thread to the correct one. If i could delete this thread i would, if you want just ignore this.

Last edited by gc15; Apr 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
gc15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:04 AM   #2
J.Appleseed
macrumors regular

What iPad do you have? What iOS version? It's buttery smooth on my 4th generation iPad; never crashes as well.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:50 AM   #3
LorenzMeir
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Appleseed View Post
What iPad do you have? What iOS version? It's buttery smooth on my 4th generation iPad; never crashes as well.
I have the 4th gen iPad too, though I'm having the same problem sometimes, the app randomly crashes... But I'm not too annoyed about it
LorenzMeir is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 08:05 AM   #4
J.Appleseed
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzMeir View Post
I have the 4th gen iPad too, though I'm having the same problem sometimes, the app randomly crashes... But I'm not too annoyed about it
Hmm, that's odd. What iOS version are you on?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 09:33 AM   #5
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
I am using it on my 3rd generation iPad and iPad mini with no problems whatsoever. In fact, using the Facebook app on my iPad or iPad mini is a better experience then accessing it through Safari on my MacBook Pro.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:03 AM   #6
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
I am using it on my 3rd generation iPad and iPad mini with no problems whatsoever. In fact, using the Facebook app on my iPad or iPad mini is a better experience then accessing it through Safari on my MacBook Pro.
Old May 5, 2013, 03:28 PM   #7
jljue
macrumors regular

I noticed the same issue on my iPad 2, running iOS 6.1.3--locking up, crashing, not opening comments, etc. my iPhone 5 ran without problems on the same version of Facebook. I ended up deleting the app on the iPad and then reinstalling to make work again. So far, running fine after the reinstall.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:58 PM   #8
johnnnw
macrumors 6502a

I noticed a massive improvement in the update. Try deleting it and reinstalling, that's weird it's worse for you.
johnnnw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 06:25 AM   #9
johntom2000
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to johntom2000
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Appleseed View Post
I have the iPad 4 with the newest updated iOS and the newest updated Facebook app and it has crashed on me from time to time.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps