Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Pokernut
macrumors member

Exporting 1080p movie from iMovie to External Hard drive

I'm hoping someone could help me out with a problem I am having. I recently edited a 60 minute movie from an HD camera using iMovie. I'm looking to export it in the best quality possible (Share --> Export Using Quicktime --> 1920x1080 etc) Unfortunately I do not have enough space on my MBP to export the entire movie to my desktop (I have 13 GB available, which I thought was enough). But it's also not allowing me to directly export the movie to one of my external hard drives. When I click the drop down menu to select where to save the exported movie, it only shows my local folders, not allowing my to find or click on my Time Capsule.

Any tips or advice to fix this dilemma I'm in would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Pokernut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 07:13 PM   #2
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

Find the file of your movie and move it into your E/Hard drive.
If you open your Mac H/D on the left side you should see all your H/D and your other section. One should say ALL MOVIES.
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video