Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:47 PM   #1
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
June 2014 iPhone 6?

BGR reports that a larger screened Iphone 6 will debut in June 2014. By that time it will be competing with the HTC 4, and the Samsung Galaxy S 12.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Hankster
macrumors 68000
 
Hankster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington DC
Every day that site posts a date and a rumor. And, each post contradicts the previous post. One day there is no larger iPhone, the next day there is one. One day Apple is not doing so well, the next day Apple has a bright future.

The staff there must be bi-polar.
__________________

iMac - MacBook Air - iPhone - iPad - Shuffle - Nikon
Hankster is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:03 PM   #3
woodekm
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Right on track after milking the iPhone loyalist with the iPhone 5 and probable 5S. THEN start competing with the larger phones that everyone else is selling like hotcakes. Even blackberry for cryin' out loud. Never thought Id see that!
__________________
MBPu 17" - 2.66
iPad Air 2 64
iPad mini 2 16
iPhone 6 Plus 64
woodekm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:08 PM   #4
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a
 
DesertEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: /home @ 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
Every day that site posts a date and a rumor. And, each post contradicts the previous post. One day there is no larger iPhone, the next day there is one. One day Apple is not doing so well, the next day Apple has a bright future.

The staff there must be bi-polar.
Are we talking about analysts who disagree with each other, or individual analysts who reverse themselves overnight?
DesertEagle is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:08 PM   #5
lordofthereef
macrumors 604
 
lordofthereef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Was this an attempt at humor?
__________________
Endorse what you love instead of attacking what you hate.
lordofthereef is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:09 PM   #6
alexander25
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off.

consumers want a bigger screen, 4" is not enough for some people. give us options damnit. have a 4" iPhone (for those losers who cry about the possibility of a bigger iPhone) and a 5" iPhone.
alexander25 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:11 PM   #7
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a
 
DesertEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: /home @ 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
Was this an attempt at humor?
Must have been. Can't see any other explanation for this.
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:19 PM   #8
Cergman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off.

consumers want a bigger screen, 4" is not enough for some people. give us options damnit. have a 4" iPhone (for those losers who cry about the possibility of a bigger iPhone) and a 5" iPhone.
Some of us don't need phones the size of a tablet.
Cergman is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:43 PM   #9
old-wiz
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Suburban Boston Ma
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off.

consumers want a bigger screen, 4" is not enough for some people. give us options damnit. have a 4" iPhone (for those losers who cry about the possibility of a bigger iPhone) and a 5" iPhone.
If they did that then people would demand a 6" iPhone..then a 7" iPhone..

the phone is fine for me.
old-wiz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2013, 06:52 PM   #10
Jordan921
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off.

consumers want a bigger screen, 4" is not enough for some people. give us options damnit. have a 4" iPhone (for those losers who cry about the possibility of a bigger iPhone) and a 5" iPhone.
Couldn't help but laugh when a nobody like you calls a company like Apple stupid.
Jordan921 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 12:22 AM   #11
alexander25
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cergman View Post
Some of us don't need phones the size of a tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post
If they did that then people would demand a 6" iPhone..then a 7" iPhone..

the phone is fine for me.
ok good for you, they're fine for you but for a lot of people they are not.

the world doesn't revolve around you, you know. and while they make a bigger phone, i'm sure they'll keep your tiny phone around.

in fact, i'm positive that once you lay your hands on a bigger device, you'll probably want it.

some apple fanboys make me laugh. "i'm using 4" screen because THAT IS WHAT APPLE MADE SO I AM USING IT NOW END OF STORY".

let me guess, you felt the same way with prior iPhone's? "zommgg not 4", 3.5" is good enough"

get outta here with your arrogance.
alexander25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 02:50 AM   #12
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, California USA
That's toooooooooooooooooooooo far away.
__________________
2011 MBA
Gold iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Gold iPhone 5S 16GB Black iPhone 4S 32GB Silver iPad Air 32GB
ET iPhone Home is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 06:16 AM   #13
osofast240sx
macrumors 68020
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
ok good for you, they're fine for you but for a lot of people they are not.

the world doesn't revolve around you, you know. and while they make a bigger phone, i'm sure they'll keep your tiny phone around.

in fact, i'm positive that once you lay your hands on a bigger device, you'll probably want it.

some apple fanboys make me laugh. "i'm using 4" screen because THAT IS WHAT APPLE MADE SO I AM USING IT NOW END OF STORY".

let me guess, you felt the same way with prior iPhone's? "zommgg not 4", 3.5" is good enough"

get outta here with your arrogance.
the HTC one is the phone to beat, as far as hardware goes. But still has the superior ecosystem. That's the main reason why I'm not changing anytime. But it will be nice to see a 4.5" phone from apple. People have to realize choices are a good thing.
osofast240sx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 06:36 AM   #14
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a
 
DesertEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: /home @ 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by payneable View Post
Hahaha HTC 4 and S 12. good one!

Well, as far as large screen size goes, I thought Apple made phones which would put users at ease...we dont want extra large displays, we've got the iPad!! I mean, why would we need a 5 incher?? we've got the iPad Mini for the same task.
There are always the ones who want something in between. Some might want to make phone calls with the same device they use as a tablet (i.e. they want a "phablet"), and you cannot do that with the iPad mini.
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 06:40 AM   #15
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I just hope my iphone 4 won't give up on me until then. and hopefully the 6 will appeal to me, or ill be stuck with my 4 until forever
inselstudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 07:56 AM   #16
jimbo1mcm
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
OP. I am just really disappointed with Apple's glacier like progress with their Iphone. When you look around and see an HTC One, a GS4, and a probable October release for a Nexus 5, yet the best we can hope for is a spec bump Iphone 5 S later this year. I have this mental image of outfits like Samsung and HTC and LG/Google burning the midnight oil, on a war footing, to take control of the Iphone industry, while it is business as usual at Apple. Lights out at 5 pm, get on your bicycle, get some fruit, and pedal home.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 08:01 AM   #17
Ste Nova
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LL22, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
OP. I am just really disappointed with Apple's glacier like progress with their Iphone. When you look around and see an HTC One, a GS4, and a probable October release for a Nexus 5, yet the best we can hope for is a spec bump Iphone 5 S later this year. I have this mental image of outfits like Samsung and HTC and LG/Google burning the midnight oil, on a war footing, to take control of the Iphone industry, while it is business as usual at Apple. Lights out at 5 pm, get on your bicycle, get some fruit, and pedal home.
.... designed in America
__________________
iP5/32 black unlimited tethered data, ip4/32 black, iPad3/32gbwifi black, 2 x iP3gs/32 black, nikon d7000 with eyefi , honda s2000, audi a6 le mans, defender 90
Ste Nova is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 10:55 AM   #18
alexander25
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
the HTC one is the phone to beat, as far as hardware goes. But still has the superior ecosystem. That's the main reason why I'm not changing anytime. But it will be nice to see a 4.5" phone from apple. People have to realize choices are a good thing.
i really like the htc one and want to get it, but i hate the software on it.

i would like to see a 5" iPhone from apple. .5" increase wouldn't be enough for most people.
alexander25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 11:02 AM   #19
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Total guess work on the part of BGR.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 12:43 PM   #20
Hankster
macrumors 68000
 
Hankster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by payneable View Post
But then again, there are MILLIONS like me who still wait for the next iPhone, not because they're gonna up the screen size...but because the iOS gives an easy-to-use interface which is hard to find elsewhere...Apple needs to STOP leaking rumors of a possibly larger screen on the 5S, that's not gonna work for many, including me!
What makes you think Apple is "leaking" rumors? You do realize 99.9% of things you read about Apple are guesses and assumptions from personnel outside of Apple.
__________________

iMac - MacBook Air - iPhone - iPad - Shuffle - Nikon
Hankster is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 11:14 PM   #21
Cergman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
ok good for you, they're fine for you but for a lot of people they are not.

the world doesn't revolve around you, you know. and while they make a bigger phone, i'm sure they'll keep your tiny phone around.

in fact, i'm positive that once you lay your hands on a bigger device, you'll probably want it.

some apple fanboys make me laugh. "i'm using 4" screen because THAT IS WHAT APPLE MADE SO I AM USING IT NOW END OF STORY".

let me guess, you felt the same way with prior iPhone's? "zommgg not 4", 3.5" is good enough"

get outta here with your arrogance.
A lot of people? According to Android Developers, XLarge phones make up a tiny 4.9% of all Android phones. Clearly, most people (79.7% of us) want a normal size phone. The world won't revolve around you, and Apple isn't going to make a different size phone for the 4.9% of people.

Also, you don't need to tell me that I would fall in love with a bigger device because I have tried a Galaxy Note 2 and I hated it.

If you want a device with a larger screen size, go buy an Android.
__________________
2013 15" rMBP | iPhone 6 | iPad Air
Cergman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 11:25 PM   #22
maxosx
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off..
I disagree.

Oh sure I'm very disappointed in Apple's choice to recycle the three year old form factor with an outdated display size.

But make no mistake, Apple is not stupid. They are brilliant, cunning, and very skilled at spinning a tale till people believe them. No other company has consistently made obscenely high profits while convincing their worshipers they are not overcharging.

People like myself who see their game clearly, still get sucked in cause its the only game in town if you want an authentic Mac. Or iOS device for that matter.

At the end of the day, Steve Jobs had one thing in common with Jerry Garcia. The ability to create a lasting ever growing cult like following.
maxosx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 02:05 PM   #23
alexander25
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cergman View Post
A lot of people? According to Android Developers, XLarge phones make up a tiny 4.9% of all Android phones. Clearly, most people (79.7% of us) want a normal size phone. The world won't revolve around you, and Apple isn't going to make a different size phone for the 4.9% of people.

Also, you don't need to tell me that I would fall in love with a bigger device because I have tried a Galaxy Note 2 and I hated it.

If you want a device with a larger screen size, go buy an Android.
first of all, don't tell me what to do. if i wanted a large screen while sacrificing in the software department, i would have done that long time ago.

secondly, XL phones make up 4.9 of all android phones because there's a billion different screen sizes. now what falls under XL? is it over 4" or 5"?

stupid article is stupid, just like your post. get outta here with your pro-apple nonsense.. they're clearly starting to fall behind but NOPE BECAUSE IT'S APPLE THEY DO EVERYTHING RIGHT AND NOTHING IS EVER WRONG.

like i said. get outta here with your crap
alexander25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 02:27 PM   #24
jimbo1mcm
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander25 View Post
first of all, don't tell me what to do. if i wanted a large screen while sacrificing in the software department, i would have done that long time ago.

secondly, XL phones make up 4.9 of all android phones because there's a billion different screen sizes. now what falls under XL? is it over 4" or 5"?

stupid article is stupid, just like your post. get outta here with your pro-apple nonsense.. they're clearly starting to fall behind but NOPE BECAUSE IT'S APPLE THEY DO EVERYTHING RIGHT AND NOTHING IS EVER WRONG.

like i said. get outta here with your crap
Might want to try some decaf
jimbo1mcm is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 02:38 PM   #25
Danform
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
test
__________________
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Mid 2012) 2.6GHz | i7 | 8GB RAM | OS X 10.9.4
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB + 64GB 1.9GHz Quad Core
iPad 3 64GB + 3G
Apple TV 3
Danform is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Announces WWDC 2014 Scheduled for June 2-6, Ticket Lottery Starts Today MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 280 Apr 21, 2014 01:06 AM
2014 imac haswell refersh June? mrsavage1 iMac 1 Jan 22, 2014 10:01 PM
iPhone 6 is coming out June/July 2014 because the iTV and iWatch DBZmusicboy01 Apple Watch 10 Oct 10, 2013 08:20 AM
ULV Haswell not coming until Late 2013/2014...so why is everyone saying June? danistyping MacBook Air 4 Jan 8, 2013 02:43 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC