Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
BGR reports that a larger screened Iphone 6 will debut in June 2014. By that time it will be competing with the HTC 4, and the Samsung Galaxy S 12.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Every day that site posts a date and a rumor. And, each post contradicts the previous post. One day there is no larger iPhone, the next day there is one. One day Apple is not doing so well, the next day Apple has a bright future.

The staff there must be bi-polar.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Right on track after milking the iPhone loyalist with the iPhone 5 and probable 5S. THEN start competing with the larger phones that everyone else is selling like hotcakes. Even blackberry for cryin' out loud. Never thought Id see that!

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
Every day that site posts a date and a rumor. And, each post contradicts the previous post. One day there is no larger iPhone, the next day there is one. One day Apple is not doing so well, the next day Apple has a bright future.

The staff there must be bi-polar.

Are we talking about analysts who disagree with each other, or individual analysts who reverse themselves overnight?

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off.

consumers want a bigger screen, 4" is not enough for some people. give us options damnit. have a 4" iPhone (for those losers who cry about the possibility of a bigger iPhone) and a 5" iPhone.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla

consumers want a bigger screen, 4" is not enough for some people. give us options damnit. have a 4" iPhone (for those losers who cry about the possibility of a bigger iPhone) and a 5" iPhone.

Some of us don't need phones the size of a tablet.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma

If they did that then people would demand a 6" iPhone..then a 7" iPhone..

the phone is fine for me.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Couldn't help but laugh when a nobody like you calls a company like Apple stupid.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Some of us don't need phones the size of a tablet.

If they did that then people would demand a 6" iPhone..then a 7" iPhone..

the phone is fine for me.

ok good for you, they're fine for you but for a lot of people they are not.

the world doesn't revolve around you, you know. and while they make a bigger phone, i'm sure they'll keep your tiny phone around.

in fact, i'm positive that once you lay your hands on a bigger device, you'll probably want it.

some apple fanboys make me laugh. "i'm using 4" screen because THAT IS WHAT APPLE MADE SO I AM USING IT NOW END OF STORY".

let me guess, you felt the same way with prior iPhone's? "zommgg not 4", 3.5" is good enough"

get outta here with your arrogance.

osofast240sx

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2011

the world doesn't revolve around you, you know. and while they make a bigger phone, i'm sure they'll keep your tiny phone around.

in fact, i'm positive that once you lay your hands on a bigger device, you'll probably want it.

some apple fanboys make me laugh. "i'm using 4" screen because THAT IS WHAT APPLE MADE SO I AM USING IT NOW END OF STORY".

let me guess, you felt the same way with prior iPhone's? "zommgg not 4", 3.5" is good enough"

the HTC one is the phone to beat, as far as hardware goes. But still has the superior ecosystem. That's the main reason why I'm not changing anytime. But it will be nice to see a 4.5" phone from apple. People have to realize choices are a good thing.

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
Hahaha HTC 4 and S 12. :D good one!

Well, as far as large screen size goes, I thought Apple made phones which would put users at ease...we dont want extra large displays, we've got the iPad!! I mean, why would we need a 5 incher?? we've got the iPad Mini for the same task.

There are always the ones who want something in between. Some might want to make phone calls with the same device they use as a tablet (i.e. they want a "phablet"), and you cannot do that with the iPad mini.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I just hope my iphone 4 won't give up on me until then. and hopefully the 6 will appeal to me, or ill be stuck with my 4 until forever

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
OP. I am just really disappointed with Apple's glacier like progress with their Iphone. When you look around and see an HTC One, a GS4, and a probable October release for a Nexus 5, yet the best we can hope for is a spec bump Iphone 5 S later this year. I have this mental image of outfits like Samsung and HTC and LG/Google burning the midnight oil, on a war footing, to take control of the Iphone industry, while it is business as usual at Apple. Lights out at 5 pm, get on your bicycle, get some fruit, and pedal home.

Ste Nova

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
LL22, UK
OP. I am just really disappointed with Apple's glacier like progress with their Iphone. When you look around and see an HTC One, a GS4, and a probable October release for a Nexus 5, yet the best we can hope for is a spec bump Iphone 5 S later this year. I have this mental image of outfits like Samsung and HTC and LG/Google burning the midnight oil, on a war footing, to take control of the Iphone industry, while it is business as usual at Apple. Lights out at 5 pm, get on your bicycle, get some fruit, and pedal home.

.... designed in America

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
the HTC one is the phone to beat, as far as hardware goes. But still has the superior ecosystem. That's the main reason why I'm not changing anytime. But it will be nice to see a 4.5" phone from apple. People have to realize choices are a good thing.

i really like the htc one and want to get it, but i hate the software on it.

i would like to see a 5" iPhone from apple. .5" increase wouldn't be enough for most people.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
But then again, there are MILLIONS like me who still wait for the next iPhone, not because they're gonna up the screen size...but because the iOS gives an easy-to-use interface which is hard to find elsewhere...Apple needs to STOP leaking rumors of a possibly larger screen on the 5S, that's not gonna work for many, including me!

What makes you think Apple is "leaking" rumors? You do realize 99.9% of things you read about Apple are guesses and assumptions from personnel outside of Apple.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla

A lot of people? According to Android Developers, XLarge phones make up a tiny 4.9% of all Android phones. Clearly, most people (79.7% of us) want a normal size phone. The world won't revolve around you, and Apple isn't going to make a different size phone for the 4.9% of people.

Also, you don't need to tell me that I would fall in love with a bigger device because I have tried a Galaxy Note 2 and I hated it.

If you want a device with a larger screen size, go buy an Android.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
apple is seriously stupid and starting to piss me off..

I disagree.

Oh sure I'm very disappointed in Apple's choice to recycle the three year old form factor with an outdated display size.

But make no mistake, Apple is not stupid. They are brilliant, cunning, and very skilled at spinning a tale till people believe them. No other company has consistently made obscenely high profits while convincing their worshipers they are not overcharging.

People like myself who see their game clearly, still get sucked in cause its the only game in town if you want an authentic Mac. Or iOS device for that matter.

At the end of the day, Steve Jobs had one thing in common with Jerry Garcia. The ability to create a lasting ever growing cult like following.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
A lot of people? According to Android Developers, XLarge phones make up a tiny 4.9% of all Android phones. Clearly, most people (79.7% of us) want a normal size phone. The world won't revolve around you, and Apple isn't going to make a different size phone for the 4.9% of people.

Also, you don't need to tell me that I would fall in love with a bigger device because I have tried a Galaxy Note 2 and I hated it.

If you want a device with a larger screen size, go buy an Android.

first of all, don't tell me what to do. if i wanted a large screen while sacrificing in the software department, i would have done that long time ago.

secondly, XL phones make up 4.9 of all android phones because there's a billion different screen sizes. now what falls under XL? is it over 4" or 5"?

stupid article is stupid, just like your post. get outta here with your pro-apple nonsense.. they're clearly starting to fall behind but NOPE BECAUSE IT'S APPLE THEY DO EVERYTHING RIGHT AND NOTHING IS EVER WRONG.

like i said. get outta here with your crap

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
first of all, don't tell me what to do. if i wanted a large screen while sacrificing in the software department, i would have done that long time ago.

secondly, XL phones make up 4.9 of all android phones because there's a billion different screen sizes. now what falls under XL? is it over 4" or 5"?

stupid article is stupid, just like your post. get outta here with your pro-apple nonsense.. they're clearly starting to fall behind but NOPE BECAUSE IT'S APPLE THEY DO EVERYTHING RIGHT AND NOTHING IS EVER WRONG.

like i said. get outta here with your crap

Might want to try some decaf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.