Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Apr 30, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Contusio
macrumors newbie

Lossing WiFi connection after latest update

The other day my Mac Air (2011) automatically updated the OS. Now I'm experiencing that my Mac disconnects the WiFi every 5 minuttes or so. It's not like the Mac can't find the WiFi, because I can re-establish the connection by selecting my network.

I've not had this problem before and I can still stream music from my Iphone, so I know that the WiFi is connected.

Has anyone had this happen?

thx for any experiences shared.

Best
Contusio
Contusio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2
SMDBill
macrumors 6502

I am too. We have 3 Macbook Pros and all 3 are experiencing the same problem you are having. No other machines disconnect, including iPhones (3), Android phones (3), Chromebook (1), Linux desktop with wifi (1). It's definitely OSX related and the problem started with the latest update or two.
SMDBill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 01:51 AM   #3
Contusio
macrumors newbie

thx SMDBill

I haven't stumbled upon any remedy for this, but I'll keep looking. Please share if you find a solution.
Contusio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 08:28 AM   #4
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contusio View Post
thx SMDBill

I haven't stumbled upon any remedy for this, but I'll keep looking. Please share if you find a solution.
I have had this problem with my air and I have fixed it. there are numerous threads about this is actual quite common. Yes there is obviously something not right with mac airs but there is a way to get by it all.

go into your router settings ie. log into your router and change the wifi channel from auto to channel 11 (or try another channel if that doesn't work)

for some reason mac airs do not like the auto setting on your router

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDBill View Post
I am too. We have 3 Macbook Pros and all 3 are experiencing the same problem you are having. No other machines disconnect, including iPhones (3), Android phones (3), Chromebook (1), Linux desktop with wifi (1). It's definitely OSX related and the problem started with the latest update or two.
as above, it is something in osx but you can get around it

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air