Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theaero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Springtomize is supposed to do a lot of what I want, but doesn't work correctly on my phone. I'm looking for tweaks that will do the following:

Bring up the music player app first when I go into multitasking bar (+1 if it works with Auxo)

Organize / resize / etc my icons however I like.

Enhance the music/ipod app. (Not a fan of how it is now)

Stop youtube app from immediately turning off sound just when you launch the app, even if there is no youtube video playing

Show ram / date in status bar.

Show all n number of upcoming calender events in NC, not just within 24 hours.

Any other good suggestions for app? I seem to favour more small-tweaky apps than the big resource-hogging ones.

I use an iPhone 5. Thanks! :D

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Springtomize is supposed to do a lot of what I want, but doesn't work correctly on my phone. I'm looking for tweaks that will do the following:

Bring up the music player app first when I go into multitasking bar (+1 if it works with Auxo)

Stop youtube app from immediately turning off sound just when you launch the app, even if there is no youtube video playing

Any other good suggestions for app? I seem to favour more small-tweaky apps than the big resource-hogging ones.

SBSettings allows you to show ram and date in status bar

theaero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Also, something that allowed for a few toggles on the homescreen would be awesome.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012

Why doesn't springtomize work? What is happening? Maybe we can help you because springtomize does a lot of those things.

theaero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Why doesn't springtomize work? What is happening? Maybe we can help you because springtomize does a lot of those things.

"Bring up the music player app first when I go into multitasking bar (+1 if it works with Auxo)"

In springtomize, this only works when music is playing, not when it is paused or off.

Also, doesn't seem to play well with pandora/youtube, etc

"Show ram / date in status bar."

Can show ram or date, not both.

"Organize / resize / etc my icons however I like."

I can resize, etc my icons, but I cant organize them into weird shapes and whatnot. Also, for whatever reason, if something crashes, the phone reboots or goes into safe mode, and then I restart it, springtomize doesn't remember where I had all of my icons. It gets frustrating to have to reorganize them every time.

Also, there is a bug in springtomize that causes the brightness to be at 0% everytime I respring.

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
"Bring up the music player app first when I go into multitasking bar (+1 if it works with Auxo)"

You can set an activator command to do this.

Shrink/Iconoclasm

theaero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008

You can set an activator command to do this.

Shrink/Iconoclasm

Thanks. Works perfectly

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2013
Yes, but I'm not a fan of sbsettings in general. Although if I can't find anything else that will do it, I will likely use sbsettings.

You can use StatusBarCustomClock4 for the date and time in the status bar. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.