Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Is it still worth upgrading to mountain lion or should i just wait for the next one?

I'm currently on Lion and am pretty happy with it so far but don't want to get too many versions behind in case of potential tricky upgrade paths.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Is it still worth upgrading to mountain lion or should i just wait for the next one?

I'm currently on Lion and am pretty happy with it so far but don't want to get too many versions behind in case of potential tricky upgrade paths.

In my opinion, Mountain Lion is a lot better than Lion in many ways, i.e. for me it is faster, smoother, is better on RAM, has useful features like Notification Center, Notes, Reminders etc.

If your Mac supports Mountain Lion I would upgrade if I were you... but wait and see if it's supported by 10.9 first. If it is, you may want to upgrade to it. If isn't, then you should probably upgrade to Mountain Lion at some point in the near future. (I think you will be pleasantly surprised about the improvements made over lion ;))

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
Only you can decide whether the price is "worth" it. However, most opinions are that ML is "Lion done right".
If you think Lion is good, then you'll love ML. There are a lot of bug-fixes and improvements to some of the changes made in Lion.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
What is your current Mac that has Lion installed on it?

It's a 2011 iMac, but I also have a MBP from 2010 and the wife has a old MacBook (I think it was the first gen alum body).

I also have a old mini but I don't think that's compatible with ML. I think it's from 2008ish. It runs lion fine (if a little slow).

Thanks for all the responses :)

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That machine should be able to run 10.9 without a problem. But Apple may remove Mountain Lion from sale once 10.9 comes out. If you want it at all in the future, be sure to get it when it is still in the App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.