Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 1, 2013, 03:16 AM   #1
Bryank
macrumors newbie

1st Gen Apple tv 2nd Gen Airplay/AirTunes AirPort Express not working

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered but I've not seen a definitive answer on this one, and it seems a lot of people are still using the 1st Gen AppleTV for audio playback etc.

I have a 1st Gen AppleTV used just for music playback as it stores the tracks on the HDD rather than streaming, connected to amp etc. I have two Airport Express units - one old type and one new type. The AppleTV can happily see the old Express unit and stream audio to it, but it cannot see the new one? (Doesn't show up as a speaker option)

My 3rd Gen AppleTV can see both the Express units, as can iPads, iPhones etc. so it's not a network issue.

So is this a case that something is different with the new Express unit, or has anyone got one working with a 1st Gen AppleTV?

Its annoying as I added the new Express unit and just expected it to work grrr.

Cheers,

Bryan
Bryank is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater