Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I have a weird issue with gray/white line on my 30 inch apple cinema display, when I go to a video on giant bomb (for example) http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/far-cry-3-blood-dragon-review/1900-576/ using Safari (5.1.9) about 1/3 of the way down I see a gray/white line going across the screen.

If i try viewing the same video in firefox and chrome its not there. If i use Safari for any other videos (full screen) I do not get that line, and I dont see that line at any other time.

If i ever try viewing a video that is the same on IGN and Giantbomb (like one of the GTA videos) on IGN that line is not showing up but it is on GB.

I just find it weird I am only seeing this issue on Safari and on one website but not only sites or even my desktop.

this just started happening today.

the other thing not sure if it matters, if I put the mouse cursor over the line, the cursor does go over the line the line does not go over the cursor.

I am using OSX 10.6.8

Last edited:

davelanger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I think i found the issue, it seems like that gray line they have on the site once you open the video and play it window mode on Safari it says there instead of going away. Because if I move the window up or down where ever that grey line is on the site is in the same place on the full screen video

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.