Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 1, 2013, 06:24 PM   #1
BizzyLeo
macrumors newbie

iPhoto: Is it better to Export or Copy & Paste?

I know that I can move pictures into files using the export function but I prefer copying and pasting the photos as needed. I notice that using export usually makes picture file sizes bigger because I assume it exports additional info that iPhoto may have added (I don't care much for the extra info - just the picture is fine by me).

What do you guys have to say about either function?

Also, I'm having trouble copying certain pictures from iPhoto into a separate folder. No matter if I copy and then paste, or export, it will not let me make folders with those pictures.
Thanks in advance
BizzyLeo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 06:39 AM   #2
James Craner
macrumors 68000

It depends what you need to be honest. Copy and Paste just uses the lower resolution preview image in iPhoto. This is why you generally see a smaller file size using copy and paste. Export will give you full control over the file that iPhoto creates and will give you the best quality. If the preview quality is fine for you then use that. If you need the best quality image use export.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
copy paste, export, iphoto, lion